Registration for Winter 2017 is now closed. Thank you for your interest in Phi Lambda Beta.
In order to be considered for future membership, you must have completed by the time of application:
- Three years of college Portuguese or the equivalent in language classes (i.e. Portuguese 321)
- One additional 300- or 400-level class
- All students must have maintained a grade point average of 3.5 in Portuguese courses and 3.0 overall
As part of the application, you will need to provide the following:
- 2 Faculty References. (One must be a full-time Portuguese faculty member - include only their names and email addresses)
- Letter of Intent. Write a one-page essay, in Portuguese, introducing yourself, your academic interests and how Portuguese pertains to them.
- Unofficial Transcript. A printout from AIM is sufficient.
- $50 one-time membership fee. This will be paid online and will be used to cover your lifetime membership costs.